Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Catholic Worker Movement

Dear Fred,

Thanks for your email.

If you have not been to a Catholic Worker House, I encourage you to visit.

By and large, they are rich in good people doing good work. Funky, down home, no-nonsense, kick-ass work.


List of Catholic Worker Communities. http://www.catholicworker.org/communities/commlistall.cfm

Although there is no accounting for taste, I venture you'll find kindred spirits there.

I am always struck by their bravery. 

I see the original apostles much more like Catholic workers than a randomly chosen group of 12 cardinals.(Or a randomly chosen group of 12 popes for that matter.)

Pax 

Alan

PS My friend and "correspondent" Patrick O'Neill (Jesuit-trained in NYC) co-operates the Catholic Worker House in Garner. Patrick is a part-tiime journalist. Here are links to Patrick's articles in the National Catholic Reporter. http://ncronline.org/authors/patrick-oneill

Fr. Charles Mulholland Catholic Worker
124 Perdue St
Garner NC 27529
Phone: 919-779-1912      


On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

well, lah dee dah, I'm glad I'm not a saint. At least I am spared that kind of success.

Dorothy Day: “I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least.”

       
          (Alan: In a followup email, Fred said he was "just having fun with Dorothy.")


--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            360-739-0214      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

My blog is Fred Owens

send mail to:

Fred Owens
35 West Main St Suite B #391
Ventura CA 93001

No comments:

Post a Comment