Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hannity Says He Has No Documentation That Trump Told Him He Was Against The Iraq War

Call Hannity hat
Jen Hayden
Like a petulant child, Donald Trump repeatedly lied about his initial support of the invasion of Iraq. Despite audio of him saying he supported the Iraq war decision during an appearance on Howard Stern’s radio program, Trump kept interrupting Hillary Clinton and Lester Holt to say “call Hannity!” Apparently Hannity is the only person who can verify his claims.
The Ringer podcast hosts (four former aides to President Obama—Jon Favreau, Dan Pfeiffer, Jon Lovett and Tommy Vietor) took Donald Trump up on his challenge to “call Hannity” and Hannity didn’t seem amused:



So the ‘Keepin' It 1600’ crew took up @realDonaldTrump on his plea to call Sean Hannity...  
Even those who did get through to have a conversation with Hannity about Trump’s claims only confirmed there is no record, none whatsoever, that Trump’s claims are true. 

I actually talked to Sean Hannity about Iraq. He said no transcripts or audio to confirm Trump's claim.
All is fine. Everything is fine.

In case you missed the debate, here is the interaction in question:

HOLT: ... why is your -- why is your judgment...
TRUMP: Wait a minute. I was against the war in Iraq. Just so you put it out.
HOLT: The record shows otherwise, but why -- why was...
TRUMP: The record does not show that.
HOLT: Why was -- is your judgment any...
TRUMP: The record shows that I'm right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows? Essentially. I then did an interview with Neil Cavuto. We talked about the economy is more important. I then spoke to Sean Hannity, which everybody refuses to call Sean Hannity. I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox. And Sean Hannity said -- and he called me the other day -- and I spoke to him about it -- he said you were totally against the war, because he was for the war.
HOLT: Why is your judgment better than...
TRUMP: And when he -- excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said very strongly to me and other people -- he's willing to say it, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, you used to have fights with me, because Sean was in favor of the war.
And I understand that side, also, not very much, because we should have never been there. But nobody called Sean Hannity. And then they did an article in a major magazine, shortly after the war started. I think in '04. But they did an article which had me totally against the war in Iraq.
And one of your compatriots said, you know, whether it was before or right after, Trump was definitely -- because if you read this article, there's no doubt. But if somebody -- and I'll ask the press -- if somebody would call up Sean Hannity, this was before the war started. He and I used to have arguments about the war. I said, it's a terrible and a stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East. And that's exactly what it's done. It's been a disaster.
HOLT: My reference was to what you had said in 2002, and my question was...
TRUMP: No, no. You didn't hear what I said.


No comments:

Post a Comment