Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Checkpoint, USA., Entering Trump's America: A Bizarre Encounter With A Paranoid Border Agent

The United States border crossing is shown Wednesday, December 7, 2011  in Lacolle, Que., south of Montreal. Canada and the U.S will be signing a new treaty aimed at improving the flow of commerce. Prime Minister Stephen Harper is headed to the White House Wednesday to announce the details of a long-awaited border security agreement with U.S. President Barack Obama. The Beyond The Border initiative is intended to foster the sharing of intelligence and the streamlining of cross-border trade. (Ryan Remiorz/CP)
Alan: I was born in 1947.

I was raised in Rochester, New York, where I lived for the first 18 years of my life.

In 1965, I began undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.

A massive milestone in my political formation was the realization that it was always -- ALWAYS -- immeasurably easier for me to "get into Canada" than to get back to my own country.
Checkpoint, USA.
Crossing Into Trump's America
A Bizarre Encounter With A Paranoid Border Agent

Pax On Both Houses: Blog Posts About Canada
I am an American citizen and proud graduate of the University of Toronto where I received world-class education at the same steeply subsidized cost as Canadian citizens. 
While a Toronto undergraduate from 1965 - 1970, I received free healthcare.
My five years in Canada taught me the difference between Civilization and Barbarism.



No comments:

Post a Comment